Monday, January 25, 2010

Cardboard Closet Dividers

I found this idea at Ashley Ann Photography and thought it was fantastic! One small problem with her original design, though, is that I can't remove the rail in our closet, and I don't keep scrapbook paper on hand. No matter, here is a simplified version that can easily be made more fancy if you have the time and supplies.

I printed the letter "O" in size 360 font, bold, and outlined using my computer's word processor. Then I traced it onto empty cereal boxes and cut out 6 shapes. I also cut a slit through one side of the "O" in order to slip it around my closet rail.


By gluing the printed sides together, this leaves the blank cardboard sides facing out.

I decorated the blank sides with markers and labeled the clothing sizes I wanted to separate.

It took about 15 minutes to make the 3 dividers, and while they aren't as pretty as Ashley Ann's, they didn't cost me anything, and I was able to re-use the cereal box cardboard.

This is immensely useful to get a quick idea of what sizes BabyGirl will need when I come across that unexpected sale. It also makes it very simple to put away all the clothes that I can't believe she's outgrown already.

No comments:

Post a Comment